Best treatment for hereditary blending of chin and neck in 28 year old? Jowls. (photo)

So I'm 28. I have a weak chin but wondered if implant would ever be enough to fix this problem? There's not much fat under my chin, maybe 0.5 cm. Very little. When I press it's actually rock solid like some sort of tendon or muscle. I have weak neck muscles and been to physio therapy because of this. I also had a Nefertiti neck lift a month ago that left me even worse off! I'm underweight (BMI 16) and even at the weight of 90 pounds this didn't shift. So wgat is it and what can I do?!

I'm 28. I have a weak chin but wondered if implant would ever be enough to fix this problem?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin enlargement and anterior neck lift (shaping)

Based on your photo and short history you seem to need chin augmentation and neck contouring surgery. Sliding genioplasty is to be considered.You should look for a surgeon who has a good reputation and extensive experience in facial and neck rejuvenation surgery. Your first surgeon did not seem to have a good concept how to approach your correction. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Weak chin

Your chin is significantly underprojected. By projecting your chin, you will significantly improve your profile. When assessing whether to have a chin implant or something more aggressive, you need to have your bite evaluated. If you simply have a small chin but your bite is good (microgenia) then a chin augmentation procedure is appropriate. If you have a significant overbite and a small chin (micrognathia) then you should at least have the discussion of whether to move your lower jaw forward to improve your bite and augment your chin.  A chin implant is a very straight forward, low risk procedure with a very high satisfaction rate that can be done with local anesthetics or at a surgery center. Also, if you are unhappy with the augmentation,  the procedure can be completely reversed when using a silastic implant. Best of Luck!

Manuel A. Lopez, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon