Can you have fat taken from face/neck and OR tummy and inject it into the breasts?

Is it cheaper? Do patients have the option to do what they want with the fat.. LIKE being transferred to another area?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It does not affect mammograms or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat Transfer to the Breasts

When having a fat transfer procedure, it is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to determine the best area on your body to take fat from. Fat can be taken from many areas of the body and transferred to the breasts. There is not typically a cost savings and the price should remain the same as long as you are still focusing on only transferring fat to your breasts. 

Renee Burke, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer can be performed to a number of areas in the body.  One procedure that is performed is breast enlargement with fat being taken from the trunk and the trunk or legs and injected into the breasts.  A procedure like this should only be performed by a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Usually there is no cost saving when a fat injection is selected as an option as opposed to implant breast augmentation.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

Transfer of fat to different areas can be performed. In areas like the buttocks it can yield great results. In areas like the breast the results can be modest. It is important to know what result would make you happy prior to paying money for a procedure. 

Best wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Fat grafting in breast augmentation and plastic surgery as a whole

Fat graft has many uses aside from a "conservative" breast augmentation.  The technique can also be used to reshape and augment the patient's backside, and to correct facial volume loss caused by aging or massive weight loss. 

While buttock augmentation via fat graft typically results in significant improvement, take note that in breast augmentation you may want to "adjust" your expectation.  Simply put, don't expect that it can increase your cup size to more than a cup; for this reason the use of breast implants remain the gold standard.

I hope that helps and good luck.