Am I too thin for liposulpture? (Photo)

I would like to get my waist shaped and my stomach flat. I can grip a handful of skin on either sides of my waist and lowwer stomach and I really hate it. Am I a potential candidate?

Am I too thin for liposulpture?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Candidate

According to the photo you submitted, you do look like you would be a great candidate for liposuction.  I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Going from good to great

My best guess is you have the potential for a phenomenal result.

I have a saying that goes, "The closer someone looks to being perfect, the smaller of a change they need."

I'm sure there are many people who would say, "You are crazy! You don't need lipo." 

Liposuction often works well to fine-tune someone close to perfection.  

I'm intrigued by the array of responses.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lipo candidate

Based on your photographs, it appears that you would be an excellent candidate for liposculpture/liposuction.  

Slim for get a liposculpture

Hello, that's a good question, i think that you are in perfect conditions for get a liposculpture.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Your a candidate for Liposonix

It looks as if you would be a great candidate for Liposonix. This is a non-invasive fat removal treatment that will remove stubborn fat deposits. This procedure is great for men and women that are in good general health and near their ideal weight. Consult with your doctor to find out if this is the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Am I too thin for liposculpture?

As long as there is no real skin laxity, liposuction can help.  I liposuction models frequently.

Liposculpture in thin patients

Thin active patients are often the best candidates for great results with liposuction or liposculpture. The procedure is done in my office under local anesthesia (you do not need to go to sleep ) . The key to any success with liposculpture is skilled hands , compliant patients, and appropriate before and after treatment regimens.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Am I too thin for liposulpture?

Liposulpture DOES NOT tighten skin!!! Consider non invasive therapies like ThermiSmooth RF to areas to help tighten skin...