How do I know if I have telogen effluvium? Looking for second opinion. After diagnoses from hair transplant surgeon (Photos)

I had a FUE hair transplant in Turkey in November 15 and seemed successful until 7 to 8 months post op.My hair started to fall out.Everytime I touch my head or comb I can see 5 to 15 hairs come out.The hair seems very weak and slightly dry skin.I contacted the Dr and sent some pictures and he concluded that I am goin thru a cycle called tellegen effluvium.I have done abit of research and unable to determine if I am actually suffering from it or my transplanted hair did not agree with my scalp

How do I know if I have telogen effluvium

Literally 10 months after hair transplant, you dont loss your  new hair .If we think logicall you just have a transplantation on frontal site and don't to back side or vertex . Your native preexisting  hairs may miniaturised and lost in time because of AGA. Other wise hair on frontal side also have to be lost .but they are there end no problem about "agreement with your scalp"

İf you have a serious TE , you will gain them again ...

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Shock loss after a hair transplant

Shock loss after a hair transplant is common in younger men and this condition impacts the native hair that was present at the time of the transplant. See video below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Do I have telogen effluvium?

Sid1,

It is not possible to know what is going on without the benefit of an in person evaluation. You look like you do have AGA or male pattern hair loss but there could be another condition  also. The evaluation will indicate whether a scalp biopsy is needed to rule out other conditions that may be affecting the proper growth of  the transplant.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the b

Photos cannot diagnosis your hair loss. The old fashion way of seeing a doctor in person for an examination is still the best option.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon