Tear trough fillers? Or another type? (Photos)

I have very deep set eyes, and purple discolouring, I have been ashamed of them for years and spend so long each day trying to minimise them with makeup, but that can only do so much. I'm fetting married in 18 months and I would really love for them to banished for then, and for as long as possible. It's been hard for me to put pictures up because I am so self concious of them, please help.

Doctor Answers 3

Eye Rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your concerns. Hyaluronic acid injectable fillers such as Restylane can help restore volume in the tear trough region and improve the overall appearance of discoloration and hollowness. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Filler injections would be ideal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As you look quite young, you would be an ideal candidate for filler injections. These would probably be administered with minimal risk and should make a big difference to your appearance. There are a range of fillers that would be appropriate, but make sure that you see an oculoplastics consultant to apply these as significant expertise is required to administer safely and effectively. Best of luck.

Tear trough treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do think you're a great candidate for placement of a hyaluronic acid filler in your tear trough (i.e., under eye) area. In this area I prefer Restylane, but there are other fillers that work well in this location. This is one of my favorite procedures to perform, as patients instantly look more rested and younger. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.