Swollen eye after hyaluronic acid injection? (Photo)

2months ago I had hyaluronid acid application under my eye to remove darc circles but under one of my eye the filler become visible and it looks like it is swollen. How long will it stay or is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

Filler under the eye

Hi and Thanks for your question. It might be due to injecting very superficially.but the good things about 

HA fillers is that they can be disolved by Hyaloronidase. It is very simple and your provider can help you with that.

Toronto Physician

Injectable fillers

If more hyaluronic acid filler is added to one side, it can be dissolved to make the sides even and to reduce the swelling. This is done by injecting hyaluronidase where the filler was previously injected. It is a simple procedure. 

Tear trough filler

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved using an injection of hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid.  If you are unhappy with the way your eye looks, see your provider or seek a provider experienced in the use of hyaluronidase for removal of hyaluronic acid filler.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon