Swollen ball like tip after Septorhinoplasty and tip re-shaping on 10th May 2016. Today is 11th July 2016. (photo)

I had surgery in May and also had corrective surgery on the tip as it was like a bum shape. When I first had the splint taken off I loved the results and I was so happy however as time has gone on the tip changed and looks like there is a ball on the end. I know to expect swelling as the work my surgeon did is incredible, compared to how it was but I am worried it's going to stay like this when weeks ago it was a lot smaller and nicer. It sometimes looks like a blue ball on the tip. Than you.

Recovery from nose job

Hello anjasquith, although your follow-up time is very short your result is beautiful. I believe after a few months later your nose will look nicer. Do not hurry for the final result because it may take one year or more. I congratulate your doctor for the job. Enjoy your life!

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

At 1 month, you are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Swollen tip after septorhinoplasty

Thank you for your query.
You are 2 months post op. The swelling will eventually completely resolve after 12 months, so 10 months to go. A lot of patience is required, but it will eventually go. Best thing is to keep in touch with your surgeon who is best placed to assist you.Kind regards,