Do I need surgery to straighten my nose? (photos)

My nose looks ok when my head is uo but when I put my head down, you can see a definite bend. Is this simething that will need surgery or could fillers work please?

Do I need surgery to straighten my nose?

Greetings

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty vs nonsurgical options

Nonsurgical nose jobs can address minor issues such as bumps or smoothing out sharp angles, however, looking at your photos, I believe rhinoplasty surgery would better help to correct the crooked angle. I don’t know about the word “need”, but it may help you feel like your face has more symmetry.

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Having a rhinoplasty procedure is an entirely personal matter. You can have it for functional or aesthetic reasons.If you feel that your nose does not look right, then you may approach a Plastic Surgeon who performs this procedure on a regular basis for advice.Kind regards.

Rhinoplasty decisions

Whether or not to change the appearance of your nose is a very personal decision. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Crooked Nose - Rhinoplasty or Fillers?

There are times when filler can help certain nasal configurations; however, in your situation, a rhinoplasty would be the effective method of treatment. Please find a board certified plastic surgeon with much experience in rhinoplasty surgery. During your consultation, you can discuss the configuration of your nose and what you like, and don't like, about it. He or she will present to you a surgical plan. 

Straighten a Nose

Surgery would be the best option to enjoy the benefits of a permanently straighter nose. Please consult with an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon and ask for recommendations regarding a rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon