What would be the best surgery to remove the excess skin on my upper eyelid? (Photo)

I have heard about a a 10 minute treatment, is this safe?

Blefaroplasty. 10 minute treatment.

Hi.

The only way possible to get rid of excess skin on the eyelid or on any other part of the body is a surgery. The superior blepharoplasty is the elimination of excess skin on the upper eyelid. This surgery is performed under local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes because of the detailed technique. Obviously it is possible to do in 10 minutes but in a plastic surgery the aesthetic result is more important than the time it takes to do it. I recomen you to consult with a certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Upper Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question and picture.  Upper lid blepharoplasty is a very common cosmetic surgery procedure in the UK. The aim of eyelid surgery is to remove excess skin and/or fat deposits to leave the upper lid skin tighter ad fresher in appearance.  This procedure takes about 40-60 minutes, under local anaesthetic.

Scars fade very quickly to become invisible within a few weeks. Your Cosmetic Surgeon will place the upper eyelid scar in the fold of skin and the lower eyelid scar just under your lower eyelashes.  Your plastic surgeon will decide if you need absorbable or non-absorbable sutures, which can be removed at your next appointment in 5 to 7 days time.

Swelling and bruising can generally last about 5 to 7 days after surgery. Your Plastic Surgeon will advise you on the aftercare and will carry out a review in approximately one week.

Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.

All The Best

Upper eyelid surgery

I would be very careful. You have a bit of excess skin which could easily be removed. There is NO procedure that takes ten minutes. Someone is feeding you some bull. Get a second opinion.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Upper lid Bleph

The most simple excision cosmetic surgery!!

No complication if done properly by a professional.

Roger Amar, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

What would be the best surgery to remove the excess skin on my upper eyelid?

Greetings 

Thank you for your question, to remove excess skin from the upper eyelid you will need surgery. 

Blepharoplasty covers removing the excess skin tissue in the upper eyelid, removing the excess fat tissue and skin tissue in the lower eyelid and repositioning the eyelid line in both areas. The incision can be made via scalpel as well as laser. We perform laser blepharoplasty since it is faster and safer and it yields a faster recovery period. The laser is actually used for the incision for removal of the hooding skin of the upper eyelids. The result is dramatic, evident immediately, and bruising is usually minimal with the laser.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Nothing good is going to happen for your eyelid in 10 minutes!

Standard upper blepharoplasty will be a huge disappointment for you in my opinion.  Your issues are a little more complex than having a bit of skin removed.  You have an early levator dehiscence in your eyelid.  I can tell this because the upper eyelid fold is collapsing and you have upper eyelid lash ptosis.  The early levator dehiscence is associated with retraction of the anterior orbital fat so that the upper eyelid fold is less full.  The lashes need to be supported by attachments to the levator tendon.  These are weak so the eyelashes droop shading the upper part of the cornea.  This makes your eyes look dull and lifeless.  Micro anchor blepharoplasty emphasizes eyelid structure rather than removal of things that are need to make the eyes look beautiful.  You need the early levator dehiscence repaired which will help bring anterior orbital fat back into the upper eyelid fold.  It will correct the eyelash ptosis, and finally, yes, a small amount of skin can be removed to expose just the right amount of upper eyelid platform.  I wish this type of eyelid surgery was available everywhere.

Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  The best way to address sagging skin of the upper eyelid is an upper blepharoplasty procedure.  This can typically be performed under local anesthesia, with or without light sedation, in an office-based setting.  The procedure involves making an incision in the natural upper eyelid crease and excising the redundant skin and underlying muscle, with possible conservative fat removal, if indicated.  The incision is then closed in the natural eyelid crease.  This procedure can typically be performed in 20 - 30 minutes.  I am not sure about the "10- minute treatment" to which you are referring.  However, I would not make the length of time for the procedure your primary consideration.  You want your surgeon to take their time and be meticulous with their technique, in order to get the best result.  Fast does not necessarily mean better, and you don't want your surgeon rushing to try to meet some minimum time requirement.  An upper blepharoplasty is a short procedure anyway.  I would strongly encourage you to seek a consultation with a reputable board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon to assess your individual anatomy, concerns, and goals, and determine a treatment plan that is best for you.  I wish you the best in achieving your aesthetic goals.

Michael Boggess, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question and photo.  Blepharoplasty is a safe outpatient procedure that removes excess skin from the lids.  The attached video will explain the procedure and how best to approach a droopy eyelid.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon