I'm going to have surgery on 21/09/16 - what size would be best suited to me? (Photos)

Hi, I have never been measured but I am guessing I'm about an A, I've had 3 children and breast fed. As I'm quite athletic I am looking for a full breast that starts quite high as I look very broad, I am in desperate need of having feminine look in the top half of my body. I don't want to look ridiculously big just feminine.

Dimensional Breast Augmentation

Many patients want a proportionate look to match their frame and fuller breasts which are a practical size for their lifestyle. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person. They will measure you and typically, take into account your existing tissue, chest measurements and desired look. My patients find it helpful to try implant sizers on with a form-fitting T-Shirt and your Surgeon will likely be able to provide you with a few different options.
All the best

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Implant Size

Thank you for posting your photos and question. Based on your pictures, you will have a lot of choices. The cup size you start with helps with sizing but your plastic surgeon will take additional measurements to help determine what size and style implant is a good fit for you. Some style of implants get more project as they get larger, while others get taller and fuller. Looking at your surgeons before and after photos may also be helpful for you when considering your options.

John Allan Ness, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - what size implant?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Yes, I agree that your bra size is an "A" look - which is smaller than normal.
  • Only you and your surgeon can determine the right size breast implant for you.
  • Please buy a bra of the kind you want to fill out, or several of different sizes and return to your surgeon for a fitting with implant sizers.
  • Most women in the USA want a "C" look - a full normal look. But everyone is different - so see what you like when you try on the sizers.
  • Your surgeon must examine you and measure your chest to know the range of implants that will fit best.
  • Having breast fed, your skin will accept a larger implant than if you had not.
  • If your surgeon just tells you to decide without discussing implant types, profiles and making a recommendation based on your measurements - you probably need a different surgeon.
  • This is not a decision a person can make without professional guidance - that is your surgeon's job.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Choosing the right breat implant for breast augmentation

We are lucky these days to have a lot of choices in breast implants for breast augmentation. So many choices can sometimes lead to more confusion. When deciding on implant size, you need to find an implant that will fit your breast "base width" properly so that the implant does not end up in your armpits. After that, you can decide with your surgeon about how much projection you want and whether you prefer round or tear drop shaped implants. So many fun choices, so little time... In our office, we also use a breast implant sizing kit to help our patients understand how they might appear with certain size implants. Good luck with surgery!

I'm going to have surgery on 21/09/16 - what size would be best suited to me?

Thank you for your question and photographed.  You should be able to achieve a good result with breast augmentation.  Implants size to be based on the base with measurement of your breast which her surgeon should have measured.In my experience for a natural look breast implants in the 250-300 cc range placed under the muscle with a dual plane augmentation technique provide the best results.

Ideal breast size

Based on your photos and wishes you are a good candidate for a high profile implant ranging from 260 to 300 depending on the look you want to achieve. Recommend sharing some wish photos with your plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Yegiyants

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lots of great options.

hello newboobs. There's lots of great options for you in terms of type of breast implant and sizes. Since you believe you're an A cup then considering a 2 cup increase would be a good start. For an actual implant size, you will need more detailed measurements than just your cup. Have your PS measure your breast base width and choose an implant with a similar numeric width for a "broad" result. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "ridiculously big" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.