I'm going to have surgery on 21/09/16 - what size would be best suited to me? (Photos)

Hi, I have never been measured but I am guessing I'm about an A, I've had 3 children and breast fed. As I'm quite athletic I am looking for a full breast that starts quite high as I look very broad, I am in desperate need of having feminine look in the top half of my body. I don't want to look ridiculously big just feminine.

Dimensional Breast Augmentation

Many patients want a proportionate look to match their frame and fuller breasts which are a practical size for their lifestyle. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person. They will measure you and typically, take into account your existing tissue, chest measurements and desired look. My patients find it helpful to try implant sizers on with a form-fitting T-Shirt and your Surgeon will likely be able to provide you with a few different options.
All the best

Dimensional Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
All the best

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. During your consultation I like to find out your goals (i.e. what cup size you would like to be).  It's important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need. There are four different profiles of round implants. They are moderate, moderate classic, high and ultra high profile. We have special breast sizers that you can place in a bra and get an idea of what the different size implants will look like. Patients find this very beneficial.
 I use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is quicker versus traditional technique.

Breast augmentation

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Implant Size

Thank you for posting your photos and question. Based on your pictures, you will have a lot of choices. The cup size you start with helps with sizing but your plastic surgeon will take additional measurements to help determine what size and style implant is a good fit for you. Some style of implants get more project as they get larger, while others get taller and fuller. Looking at your surgeons before and after photos may also be helpful for you when considering your options.

Implant Size

Breast augmentation - what size implant?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Yes, I agree that your bra size is an "A" look - which is smaller than normal.
  • Only you and your surgeon can determine the right size breast implant for you.
  • Please buy a bra of the kind you want to fill out, or several of different sizes and return to your surgeon for a fitting with implant sizers.
  • Most women in the USA want a "C" look - a full normal look. But everyone is different - so see what you like when you try on the sizers.
  • Your surgeon must examine you and measure your chest to know the range of implants that will fit best.
  • Having breast fed, your skin will accept a larger implant than if you had not.
  • If your surgeon just tells you to decide without discussing implant types, profiles and making a recommendation based on your measurements - you probably need a different surgeon.
  • This is not a decision a person can make without professional guidance - that is your surgeon's job.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Choosing the right breat implant for breast augmentation

We are lucky these days to have a lot of choices in breast implants for breast augmentation. So many choices can sometimes lead to more confusion. When deciding on implant size, you need to find an implant that will fit your breast "base width" properly so that the implant does not end up in your armpits. After that, you can decide with your surgeon about how much projection you want and whether you prefer round or tear drop shaped implants. So many fun choices, so little time... In our office, we also use a breast implant sizing kit to help our patients understand how they might appear with certain size implants. Good luck with surgery!

I'm going to have surgery on 21/09/16 - what size would be best suited to me?

Thank you for your question and photographed.  You should be able to achieve a good result with breast augmentation.  Implants size to be based on the base with measurement of your breast which her surgeon should have measured.In my experience for a natural look breast implants in the 250-300 cc range placed under the muscle with a dual plane augmentation technique provide the best results.

Ideal breast size

Based on your photos and wishes you are a good candidate for a high profile implant ranging from 260 to 300 depending on the look you want to achieve. Recommend sharing some wish photos with your plastic surgeon. Best, Dr. Yegiyants

Ideal breast size

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

The right size for you

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon