Too much surgery?

I have planned to have a Mommy Makeover (Full Tummy tuck and breast lift) but as I am going abroad I thought it would be cheaper to get all my surgery done at once. Due to significant weight loss I have bingo wings (loose upper arm fat). I was wondering if it would be too much for my body to have this done as well at the same time? Thanks

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.Send your photos to give you more advices. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Combining Multiple Procedures in a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Too much surgery

From time to time we do these two surgeries together.    The patient has to be in good health and that's why I send my patient for a history and physical before the surgery.  Every patient is different and not everyone is a candidate for combination surgeries.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Too much surgery?

Congratulations on your  weight loss. Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely.  However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery… You would also be wise about having concerns about doing surgery out of the country; important issues such as follow-up and management of complications are of great concern.
 It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY  of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important  considerations. 
 In my practice, I would ask that you stage the procedures you are considering.  Different combinations are possible;  patient's preferences often drive the decision-making.

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including  good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider options. Best wishes.

Too Much Surgery ?

It is possible to do the procedures together, but the recovery is more involved.  Combination cases can be safe if performed in regulated facilities by plastic surgeon certified by the ABPS.  
Going abroad will pose problems for both your short and long term followup. Complications or problems occurring after 2 weeks are not uncommon, and in the case of a touch up you will need to pay for at least travel.Remember that breast implants made by the major manufacturers are not warrantied if placed outside the US.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

How much is too much

Thank you for the question. I typically recommend against doing arms at the time of trunk and breast work. The primary reason is that you will need to use your arms to help you get up from a supine or seated position after a tummy tuck. This can be difficult if you also had surgery on your arms, and could cause complications with wound complications on the arms as well. I hope this is helpful,Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Too Much Surgery Follow Up

Thank you for your question. Since you have excess skin, the mommy makeover may take longer than expected. Please try and reschedule the arm procedure for a later date.  I would advise having your surgery performed by a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon for optimal results.

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Combining procedures

Since you have mentioned that you have had significant weight loss, your mommy makeover may be more extensive than a person with less excess skin.  It is probably best if you do not include the arm lift along with the other procedures.  

Camille Cash, MD

Combining procedures

This is commonly done. You will need to be seen in person to determine what can be done safely. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery and body contouring surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #breastaugmentation #mommymakeover

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Too much surgery?

Thank you for your question. Adding an arm procedure to your mommy make over can be done, it will depend on the extent of the procedures along with other factors. Mommy makeovers involve various combinations of proceudres to improve the breasts, abdomen, hips, back, arms, legs, buttocks, etc.  Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time.  For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation.  This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma.  Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days.  By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the  sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City.  Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.