My surgeon on breast augmentation; asked how many BA's she's performed in 2 years, she said "over 100". Is that good?

Hi, I had a consultation with the surgeon I'm thinking of using to doing my breast augmentation. I asked how many breast augmentation she has preformed on the last two years and she said "over a hundred" that good over a two year period??

100 BA over 2 years?

This depends on the comfort zone of the surgeon.  The actual number is not as much of an issue as the experience of the surgeon.  Check their certification which is also very important.  Most of us who are trained and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery should be comfortable with doing breast augmentation.  One other way to asses is to talk to other patients that the surgeon has operated on.  Reviews and actually talking to live patients can make a difference. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Dr Vasisht

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - is 100 ok?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• It sounds a very good number so she knows how to do the procedure.
  • Now the question is, is she the right surgeon for you?
  • Did she take time to discuss the surgery and recovery?
  • Did she discuss your implant choices 
  • Did she help you decide on the best implant for the look you want? 
  • Did you like her?
  • Is she a qualified plastic surgeon? If 'yes' to all - then she is probably the right surgeon for you. Good work!
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Selecting a plastic surgeon for breast augmentation…

Thank you for the important question.  Careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make when it comes to successful breast augmentation surgery.  The quantity of  breast augmentation procedures done every year seems sufficient;  there are other variables to consider however.  

Generally, when it comes to selection of plastic surgeon, taking your time and making your decisions carefully will be worth the effort. I would suggest starting with your national Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
 I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Ask the right questions.

Dear Cazz,

Yes, that is a good number of cases, but I would echo the comments of the other surgeons here.   The number of cases is only one aspect.  You should feel comfortable with your surgeon and make sure you have a good rapport. Look for the letters FRCS(Plast) after her name to ensure she is a fully qualified plastic surgeon and she should ideally hold (or have held) a consultant post in the NHS.

Any fully trained plastic surgeon will be competent at performing breast augmentation, but if you have a more complex case, then look for someone who specialises in breast surgery in their NHS practice.

Good luck.