Rhinoplasty booked but I'm due to go abroad; will everything be okay with the sun exposure and flying?

I have rhinoplasty booked on the Friday in the UK, then the following Saturday 8 days after I am due to go abroad to Spain to see family. Will everything be ok flying and with the sun etc? What do you recommend? Many thanks! :)

Rhinoplasty 8 days post op?

Surgeons will vary on their preference, but for my out of town/out of country patients my preference is a 2 week stay in Beverly Hills/Los Angeles.  The highest risk of infection is between 1-2 weeks after surgery while the nose is early in its healing stages.  Sutures and a cast will be on your nose for a week, but the incision lines are still a little raw until 2 weeks after surgery. Touch base with your surgeon to ensure the best outcome. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty booked but I'm due to go abroad; will everything be okay with the sun exposure and flying

GreetingsThank you for your question, if you will underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon