Stretch mark removal for thighs and hips? (Photo)

Hi , I have a high prevalence of small light red (fairly subtle) stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs ,white stretch marks on my hips, a combination of slightly larger pink and white stretch marks on my love handles . I am not over weight ( bmi 23.1) and don't have baggy skin , I do have white stretch marks on my buttocks but it's not of great concern yet . Are there any other treatements available , would lazer therapy be effective and would surgery be possibility? Thank you.

Stretch marks

Thanks for your question and photo. The fractional CO2 laser is a great option to treat stretch marks. This laser resurfaces and tightens the skin to help improve stretch marks.Typically patients need 4-6 treatments every 2 weeks. Please visit a board certified dermatologist in your area for an in person consultation. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

Lasers vs micro needling RF and PRP for stretch marks.

New stretch marks are easier to treat than older ones. For new stretch marks (red-purple-pink), my treatment of choice is V BEAM vascular laser combined with compounded Vitamin A creams or a cream called Stratamark. Old stretch marks are harder to treat- my preferred option for old, white, silvery- papery stretch marks is a combination of CO2 fractional laser, or with INFINI RF and PRP. I also use Fraxel ReStore 1550, and also lasers in the 1540 wavelength. Of all the methods I find microneedling with RF energy and PRP the best, as it has the lowest rate of skin colour changes, and the fastest healing time. Results wise, it outperforms CO2 laser! The truth is that stretch mark treatments are HIGHLY variable, depending on your own immune system, your skin type and the age of the stretch marks. Some get a 30% improvement, others up to 80%. An assessment is the very first step Regards Dr Davin Lim, Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist