Smartxide laser - downtime

I had the Smartxide c02 laser treatment on Monday evening to treat acne scarring on my cheek area. I was told that by day 5 my skin should be back to normal and I'd be able to go back to work. However I am now towards the end of day 4 and although most of the scaliness has disappeared and it's no longer sore, the treated area is still bright red and a bit flakey. I am now panicking that my skin is scarred. How long does it usually take for the treated area to look back to normal?

Redness after fractional CO2

Thank you for your question Lacey88. The SmartXide fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is an outstanding treatment that can address multiple aspects of aging in a single treatment. Redness can persist for several weeks after a treatment. We treat patients with IPL at 4 weeks if redness persists.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Redness after fractional CO2

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

SmartXide DOT CO2 laser for acne scarring

It is normal to have redness still on the fifth day after SmartXide DOT CO2 laser.  Keep your skin hydrated and you can apply makeup. Use sunscreen and try to avoid sun exposure.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist