Sitting down after a Brazilian butt lift?

How long would you recommend the MOST to not sit down after a bbl to achieve the best result?

I recommend not sitting down for the first two weeks after surgery.  Afterwards, a special BBL pillow can be used for sitting for a limited time (20 min increments). Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Sitting down.

Hello, Thank you for your question. You do not want to sit down for 3 weeks. However, every PS will have different guidelines and recommendations based on their experience.

Best of Luck !

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... Is not good to sit down without a boopy pillow, remember that fat is moldable and you can lose the shape up to a 30% of the 100% that was grafted the day of surgery. Take care of your results!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit for longer durations, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon