Short sighted blurry vision in eye after tear trough with 1ml syringe of Juvederm Volbella. I usually have 20/20 vision (Photo)

Two days after the procedure i began feeling my right eye hurt. i can see up close but my vision for things far away was blurry. my left eye is completely fine. A week later it was the same, so i went back to the doctor and saw an eye specialist who examined me both who said it was fine. its now been two weeks and i'm worried what could it be. I am thinking of having it removed with Hyaluronidase, as i am not sure why the sudden short sightedness in one eye. any body have some advice with this?

Short sighted blurry vision after tear trough dermal filler

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your vision difficulties after filler placement.  Nearsightedness would be a very unusual complication after filler placement and I would maintain close followup with your eye specialist to make sure that no internal eye issues are accounting for your symptoms.  Ultimately you can have the filler dissolved to see if it corrects your vision.  Best wishes.

Volbella and vision

Very unusual to have this reaction. Yes, there are reported cases of Juvederm- Fat transfer- HA Fillers and visual changes, but to have short sightedness is not, to my knowledge a side effect. 
Possibly an ophthalmologist can shed light on this matter before you have Volbella dissolved. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Treatment of eyelids #laser #blepharoplasty #fillers #BOTOX

Dear KD29

Thank you for your question and photos!  A long term change in vision is unusual.  You may consider having your eyes examined by another opthomologist.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD