Seroma in right breast 5 months post op

my surgeon says i have developed a Seroma in my right breast which has swollen for a week now, i am due to go for a scan and needle incision within a few days. is this something that i have caused by knocking it or is there something wrong with my implant. when my surgeon did a examination my implant was extremely tender at the bottom and hurt when he touched it

Seroma in right breast 5 months post op

Thank you for your question. A seroma is not an indication that something is wrong with the implant. You should be able to remove the seroma with the needle and heal nicely. Best, 

Hello,  thank you for your question.   Chronic seromas can occur as a random eventuality.  Having a direct impact on your breast after BA can lead to a hematoma rather than seroma.   Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Seroma in right breast 5 months post op

Hard to say what may have caused it but best to undergo drainage with culture/sensitivities of the fluid to see if the seroma may be infected. Good luck!