Septorhinoplasty with tip correction in May 2016. (Photo)

Its been 7 months since my surgery.I have a lump in my tip which sometimes looks blue the shadows-dimples around the tip are awful. Compared to my first picture when the cast was removed it looks alot different. Even the shape of my nostrils have changed, they were round and they now look flat and odd. I am waiting for a surgeons appointment, I did mention this to the nurses but they told me not to worry. Its disheartening when I have paid close to £7,000 to feel so unhappy. Please advise.

The lump on the tip of your nose after rhinoplasty may be irregular cartilage, also called a nasal bossa.

Your photos appear to show thin nasal skin and firm cartilage which may predispose to seeing visible irregularities after rhinoplasty surgery. Depending on your examination, you may consider microdroplet Silikon-1000 treatments to the indentation which may lead to a smoother tip appearance. The other option may be revision rhinoplasty which may be performed by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Wishing you well moving forward. Dr Joseph.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

I commend you for waiting 6 months before seeking an appointment with your surgeon. That would have been my recommendation but most patients are so patient. Based on your photos and description, it looks like you will need some kind of revision rhinoplasty. After you meet with your surgeon, it might be smart to schedule a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a second opinion. I am sorry that your results aren't what you desired but rhinoplasty is a very complex procedure and sometimes it takes even the best surgeons more than one go around.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait more than six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip irregularities

I would add that usually I recommend waiting a full year so that any tip swelling can resolve.  In your case, I would definitely talk to your surgeon to see if there were grafts placed or other factors that might be corrected sooner.  I agree that revisional surgery may be necessary and you will want to make sure your surgeon has extensive rhinoplasty experience since revisional surgery can be quite challenging.Good luck

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

You are wise to follow up with your surgeon regarding feeling unhappy and the concerns you have relating to tip shape, nostril symmetry and soft tissue shadows and dimples. An exam can confirm if you are developing tip bossa or other related cartilage and soft tissue problems from your procedure. These issues unfortunately are seen in patients with thin skin as the swelling goes down over time. If so, you may need to consider a future revision for correction through an open approach. Your surgeon may suggest a reasonable path for improvement once you meet in person. A second opinion from a respected and trusted rhinoplasty specialist may also help guide you in the proper direction. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon