Having had two c sections, I am hoping that I could opt for the mini tummy tuck rather than a full tuck. (photos)

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - hoping to opt for the mini

Based on your history alone, and then confirmed by your photos, I do not think you will be happy with a mini tummy tuck.  However, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  You appear to have enough excess and loose skin across the abdomen, including above and below the umbilicus (BB) so that only a full will give you a result you'll be happy with.  You should of course discuss this in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon (or several) who can examine you and then make appropriate recommendations based on that.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Having had two c sections, I am hoping that I could opt for the mini tummy tuck rather than a full tuck.

Thank you for the question and pictures. In my practice, I would only offer you the full tummy tuck operation; any lesser operation would not end up with an outcome that you or I would be pleased with. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results.   When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Thank you for your question and the photos. You are not  candidate for mini tummy tuck but you are a great candidate for  full tummy tuck and lipo in all areas needed. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question.  A mini tummy tuck will not tighten the skin above your bellybutton.  Most important you should try to lose weight and get closer to your ideal weight so that the fat beneath the skin is less thick and the skin sags more.  If you try to do a tummy tuck when there is excess fat under the skin your surgeon is not able to adequately pull the skin down and tighten it. For more information please read the link below:

Mini vs full tummy tuck: Know your options

A mini tummy tuck works only when the loose skin is limited to the lower abdomen, which does not appear to be your situation. There are several variations to consider but it seems likely that a full standard tummy tuck is going to be your best option.

Richard Baxter, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck is the only thing that can address the skin laxity you have around the belly button. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi ntum75,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of luck! 

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs full tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. From the photos, it is my opinion that you would not be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck. You appear to have a weakened abdominal wall, which is something that happens frequently as women age and have kids, and also have excess skin to the upper and lower abdomen. The only way to take care of both these issues at the same time is to undergo a full tummy tuck. If you underwent a mini tummy tuck your cosmetic result would be subpar compared to liposuction and full tummy tuck or full tummy tuck alone. Please make sure you are being evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Can I Have a Mini Tummy Tuck? #tummytuck

• You are not a candidate for a mini tummy tuck.
  • You would definitely benefit from a full or extended tummy tuck. 
  • You simply have too much loose skin and abdominal laxity to benefit from a mini tummy tuck. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated. 
  • Best of luck to you!