Do these scars look normal 6 weeks after breast enlargement. (photos)

I have noticed one scar has healed normal and you can hardly see were the scar is and the other has healed dented inwards is this normal will it go like my other scar nice and neat.

Scars at 2 Months

Your scars should be fully closed by now but the could remain a bit red, raised or indented for the first 6 months to 1 year post op. Your Plastic Surgeon may be able to advise scar treatments for you to help minimise their appearance such as silicone scar gel application.
All the best

Scar healing

Dear  Lauren,                                                                                                                                      Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing the picture and the time elapsed from surgery, the is healing well. It takes about 6-12 months for the scar to mature and fade somewhat in that area.                                                                                                                           The following note is for readers who did not have breasts augmentation surgery yet. The picture above that demonstrate a very long and noticeable scar is one of the reasons that I prefer to use a small sub areola entry incision , which gives also a better looking scar. Obviously, my preferred implants are saline implants, that allows for large size implants to be inserted through a small incision. Another important reason for using the sub areola incision is getting a consistently nicer cleavage, since it allows for easier and safer dissection of the muscles under direct vision and feel.                                                                                                   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center  for safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                               Best of luck,                                                                    Dr Widder

Scars after BA

Hello,  thank you for posting your doubts.  Yes,  your scars look normal.   The process of healing may take a few more months.   Have a great day

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast augmentation scars look ok @ 6 weeks?

From the photos, it appears that your scars are probably healing as expected.  The final appearance of the scars will not be apparent for several months.  If you feel that the scars are thickening or changing, discuss this with your plastic surgeon as you may be a candidate for topical scar gel treatment. 

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

At 6 weeks, you are still healing and it will take many months for the incisions to mature. Best of luck.

Do these scars look normal 6 weeks after breast enlargement.

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Your scars are at an appropriate stage of healing for 6 weeks after surgery and you should see the remaining scab tissue fall off and the thickened/indented tissue begin to flatten and smooth with time.  Scars will continue to mature for up to a year after surgery so hang in there and allow more time to pass.  

For 6 weeks, they appear to be healing appropriately. Remember that it takes scars a year to mature so just give your body adequate time to heal. You can also discuss with your operating surgeon the best time for you to start applying scar creams/gels to further help the process. Good luck!

Early scars after breast augmentation

Six weeks is just the beginning of healing. It takes many months (in fact it can take several years) for scars to achieve their final appearance. I see nothing abnormal about your scars for this point in time. Be patient and I think everything will turn out just fine.

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Normal Healing for 6 weeks

Your scars look like they are healing well! Just remember, you must give them more time to heal as far as discoloration. Sometimes you may find that a stitch needs more time to dissolve causing them to indent or pucker. Most scars need around 6 months to a year to fully heal/fade. Good Luck. You look great! 

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Surgical scars at 6 weeks

Thank you for your question.  Your scars look good at just 6 weeks.  It is normal for them not to be healing at the same rate.  It can take up to a year for your scars to heal.  Using a scar gel such as Biocornium is a good idea for scar management.  also make sure to follow up with your surgeon for regular check ups.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS