Do I have scarring or shock loss?? (photo)

Hi all I am just over 2 months post fue operation and I was wondering if I had scarring on my donor site or is this shock loss? I have been in touch with my doctor and he says to wait a couple of months it is shock loss but im not so sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If a doctor that has examined you person says it is shock loss and that you should wait a few months, you should wait a few mont

If a doctor that has examined you person says it is shock loss and that you should wait a few months, you should wait a few months.  Otherwise photos don't really substitute for a doctors examination.  In general over- harvesting FUE can cause shock loss and extensive scarring. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scarring after #fuehairtransplant

Contrary to the belief and some marketing that fue hair transplant does not leave any scar what so ever, you do get scar, however it is not linear. The white dots that are present are the bee hive pattern scar formation after fue Hairtransplant.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question, wee g. Your donor site will regrow its hair. Please see a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring or shock loss

I think you are asking about the donor area scarring which is always present after an FUE transplant. IF you perceive hair loss in the donor area, then you might have shock loss of the donor hair which is difficult to tell from these photos. Hair loss after an FUE often happens when the number of grafts are too high for the donor supply. FUE below 2500 grafts rarely if ever causes donor hair loss but sessions significantly higher, do. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon