Is it safe to have more lip filler injected whilst I still have lumps? (It's been about 6 months).

I want more filler to increase the volume of my lips but still have lumps from months ago. Is it ok to have filler injected?

Lip fillers - safe to get more if lumps remain?

Thank you for asking about your lip filler.

Yes, it should be safe to get more filler but if you had a lumpy filler result, consider having someone else do your injections. You often can still feel filler after 6 months but it shouldn't be lumpy. Point out the lumps to the doctor treating you, before having more injected so the lumps aren't enlarged by new filler.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Is it safe to have more lip filler injected whilst I still have lumps?

Thank you for sharing your question.  I would be in favor of treating your lumps first in order to leave you with a smooth foundation from which to build up your lip volume.  Though injecting with lumps is safe to do, nearly all fillers should have resolved after 6 months and these lumps need to be corrected.  Hope this helps.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. The lumps should have resolved if a temporary dermal filler was used.  If fat or a permanent filler was used the lumps may last forever or much longer.  Depending on what filler was used and what's planned to be used next, would decide how long to wait in-between injections.  Generally, six months is plenty long for an "off the shelf" temporary dermal filler used in lip augmentation.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Lumps from Juvederm

If you still have lumps from the fillers I would wait until these resolve or have them dissolved before injecting more filler.  Best, Dr. Green

It is safe

Its safe and the extra filler may disguise the lumps. However, lumps after 6 months may be due to granulomas or local reactions to filler or infection. It might be worth addressing the lumps before having more filler. 

Hope that helps, 

Adam Goodwin