What is this rippling and are my breast implants 'bottoming out'? (Photo)

I had a breast uplift with implants 8 weeks ago. however i can feel a lot of rippling and puckering and when i lye down it looks like my breast tissue is very high up while the implants sit very low, lying down also distorts the shape of my breasts and nipples. Laying down my breast look misshapen and i am worried the implants are bottoming out. Any advice would be very welcome as i am based in the U.K and my surgeon is in the U.S.A, so not easy to get too.

Post-op rippling of breasts

Your problem is not uncommon, but you are too early post op to be worried.  THe rippling occurs because your skin is thin and the implant comes under-filled.  Gravity may solve the problem during the next few months.  If not, them you will have to talk to your surgeon about revision.  Be patient and wait out the time for healing to be complete.  You may well need nothin else done.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

What is this rippling and are my breast implants 'bottoming out'?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD