Ridges at front of boobs after implants. Will this settle down? (Photo)

Hi, can someone please help I have ridges at the front of my breasts.... I had surgery on 18th December, will this settle down? Or can do I do about this?? At the minute I feel like I have 4 boobs, I feel/look worse than before surgery.

Ridges

The pictures are not perfect, but you seem to have a mild double bubble. It is still quite early, and at the moment your implants are still riding too high. You should wait another couple of months, then if the situation doesn't improve spontaneously you may want to start considering a revision. Good luck!

London Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op

Thank you for the question and photos. It appears you may have had your breast creases lowered slightly so that the demarcation where a previous fold was is still there. If that is the case you could expect those bands of constriction to soften and fade over time. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon however and let them advise you in order to ensure you do not have any other issues.

All the best

Ridges after breast augmentation

At this stage you need to wait and allow your breasts to settle and soften before you can see the final result.  Its too early in your recovery to consider revision surgery.  Its possible that you are developing a double bubble which may require revision down the trace.  Be patient.

Double bubble

Thank you for your question.  The "ridges" that you are noticing on your breasts are characteristic of double bubble deformity.  However, being that you are only about a month post-op, you must wait at least three months before assessing the final results of your surgery.  This is due to the fact that your breasts will reduce in swelling and drop into place further.  The implants still appear to be "riding high" as they are now.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Ridges after surgery

Thanks for your question.

it seems a double bubble line, or animation deformity.

The implants' diameter are wider than your original, so the old under lines are not vanished.
But please wait until 3 months after the surgery.  And then talk with your surgeon.

Good luck and have a wonderful day.

Joo Hyuk Lee, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Ridges in implants

From the photos you included it appears that you have a early double bubble on the right side. The breasts also seem to be quite high still and I would allow several months to pass before considering any type of revision. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants /Double Bubble/ Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Double Bubble

Dear 300475,
When patients have a high and tight fold or a bit of breast droop the transition between the breast implant and the breast tissue can stay visible creating what is called a "double bubble". You are still very early after surgery, and there is nothing that needs to be done now. Once your are completely healed this may be less obvious as your tissue stretches and your implants settle. If is is still bothersome there are options of raising the implants or possibly something like fat transfer to soften the transition.
Discuss what your are seeing with your surgeon and then readdress it once you are fully healed to see what, if anything, should be done.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Double fold ....

Hello and thanks! You appear to have a double fold or double bubble. These her better with time, but you should follow up with your doctor for 1 year at least to see if additional steps will be required to make it better or go away. Tol learn more about the recovery period see the link below. Best wishes always, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Double bubble

Thanks for your question. This appearance is likely what we refer to as a "double bubble." It can have a few different causes, but usually when you are seeing the bottom part of the implant creeping below the lower border of the pectoralis muscle. If you are within the first 3 months since surgery, I would tell you that it is likely to improve with some time and settling. I'd recommend following up w/ your surgeon. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon