How can i get rid of and prevent the wrinkles under my eyes? And what is the best treatment? (photos)

I am 29 years old and have started to develop deep wrinkles under my eyes. The wrinkles themselves are very fine when my face is rested. However, when i smile they become a lot deeper and pronounced. I also have thin skin, bags and discoloration under my eyes. What treatments can i undertake to get rid of the wrinkles and puffy/bags for my condition?

Under eye wrinkles

Thank you for your question.  A good place to start would be exploring laser treatments.  Some are designed so they are safe to use very close to the lash line.  This will improve the texture and quality of the skin.  It is always a good idea to use sunscreen every day and wear sunglasses with UV protection.

Lower Eyelid Wrinkle Improvement

You ask a common question. I find the most effective treatment to be fractional CO2 laser. You should also be on a skin treatment regimen containing retinoids, UV sun block, and antioxidants to prevent further wrinkling and sun damage. Most importantly, whatever treatment you undertake, make sure it is one that does not carry risk for your lower lid pulling down and/or away from your eye.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

The Best in Eye Wrinkle Prevention

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eyebags and wrinkles. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fine Wrinkles

Hi ctails, 

Thanks for your question and photos. Looking at your pictures, I can appreciate the fine wrinkles you mentioned. These can be difficult to treat. Laser treatment or chemical peels may be a good option for you. I also noticed some lower lid fat prolapse (bags under your lids) which would respond nicely to a lower lid blepharoplasty with fat transposition. This may give you some improvement in the wrinkles as well. 

I would recommend a consultation with a skilled oculoplastic surgeon in your area, good luck!