Rhinoplasty or not? (Photo)

I've hated my nose for so long so I went to see a surgeon last year who said he couldn't preform it due to my nose being to short. I've never been 100% happy with what I was told so yesterday I went to see another surgeon who said he can perform rhino but as I have thick skin he wouldn't know how much he can shave away until under but he can drop the tip and make my nostrils smaller but I may not see a bit change. What if I hate it or its not a big change. He said if he can't do it know one can.

Rhinoplasty or not?

Thank you for your question and photos

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Option

Thank you for your question, 2010littlecheryl. I suggest you continue consulting board certified physicians for your own edification. It is very important that the patient be as educated as possible about their procedure. Perhaps you should consider scheduling a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon whose office has imaging technology capability. That way you will be able to visualize how the Rhinoplasty can provide you with your desired look. Be sure to do proper due diligence on all facial plastic surgeons and health care providers by researching their education and experience, including patient testimonials and Before & Afters.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty or not

You mention that your nose is short; the pictures that you have posted only show part of your face. In order to  answer your question, I would need to see a full profile and frontal view of your face. Bear in mind that the facial structures are in proportions, and seeing a full profile and frontal view would enable me to determine whether your nose was short or not.

Having said that though, there are techniques for elongating the nose, such as the use of onlay and shield grafts which I have used with success.

Kind regards,

Ivo

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hi 
thanks for sharing your pictures!
Slight deprojection irrespective of how improvement 
you could have of your top , should make a positive 
diffrence !

best wishes

Mr J Tahery 

Jawed Tahery, FRCS
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon