Rhinoplasty for a squint nose and bulbous tip UK? (photos)

Hello, I am hoping to book myself in for a rhinoplasty operation in the near future. Would any doctors please advise as to realistic outcomes? My hope is for more symmetry and a reduction of the bulbous tip. Is this at all possible, and how would it be done? Many thanks :-)

Rhinoplasty for a squint nose and bulbous tip UK?

Hello juzzy83 - Thanks for your question.  You have an anatomic variant known as malposition of the lower lateral cartilages.  I find myself repairing this issue on a monthly basis in my rhinoplasty practice.  It accounts for the bulbous shape to the tip of your nose.  If you have it corrected, you could enjoy a smaller, more balanced nasal tip and restore harmony to your nose.  Otherwise you have a mild asymmetry that could be improved but not 100% corrected. Additionally the amount of nostril show could be elegantly reduced to soften their appearance.  A rhinoplasty specialist will have the ability to deliver a beautiful nose, even when the anatomy is atypical but not uncommon. I recommend that you consult with several in your area for more information.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

RHINOPLASTY RESULTS

In your case, the bulbous tip can be corrected and more symmetry can be achieved. There are many techniques to get the results. Different surgeons have different surgical techniques, and the most important for you as a patient is to have an idea about the postoperative result that you will obtain, computer imaging software will be an excellent tool for you, so you can make a better decision about your surgery. Consult with several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, and check with them cases like yours, so you know what you are looking for will be realistic. 

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Tip

Your tip is wide but I would not call it bulbous because you appear to  have relatively thin skin which means you can achieve significant improvement. The volume of your tip cartilages can be reduced and the shape changed using permanent sutures. The pictures suggest you have strong cartilages which would also improve your results. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist who can show you multiple examples of results in patients who had a nose like yours.

Rhinoplasty for reduction of the bulbous tip

To reduce the bulbous tip requires suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip. A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination  about what procedures are required. Digital computer imaging  in the office setting would also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. For more information about the techniques of bulbous tip reduction and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty goals

Rhinoplasty will certainly be able to reshape and create the balance. If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. A rhinoplasty procedure can increase the symmetry of your nose and reduce the bulbous tip. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon whose office has facial cosmetic surgery imaging. Although actual results may vary owing to the complexity and uniqueness of the human body, imaging creates a forum where the surgeon can interact with you and discuss the possible variations of results. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon