Would rhinoplasty be possible on my nose? (Photo)

I am fairly happy with my nose from the front as I'm getting older I'm noticing the end is becoming a bit fat and droopy which I would like to change? . I would like my nose to look slim from the front but I would like it made smaller from the side profile. I would also like the hump removed but would that leave me with a straight down nose? If so what would I be able to do about that? Is what I'm asking possible? Thanks in advance for your help

Closed rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty?

Dear Karina,

i think that you are an excellent candidate for nose surgery.

In order to answe your questions, you need to talk with a board certified plastic surgeon who can show you pictures of similar works with an excellent outcome.

I wish you the best of luck,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Is rhinoplasty Possible for My Nose?

Rhinoplasty by an experienced specialist can be done to narrow and refine your tip, lower your retracted nostril margins, narrow your wide asymmetrical bridge, and remove your hump. Your goal to achieve a feminine natural result is very reasonable.

Rhinoplasty

My best advice would be to seek out an expert with computer imaging.
After a consultation, an honest surgeon would give you ideas of what can be achieved. Make sure that this surgeon has done noses similar to yours and that they had good outcomes.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Would rhinoplasty be possible on my nose?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).  You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your questions. Nasal hump removal and tip refinement are some of the most commonly performed maneuvers in rhinoplasty. Hump removal should not create a totally straight profile. There should be a slight supratip break, which means there should be a gentle rise to the tip of the nose. So, yes, what you are asking for is possible. What is important is that you find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can achieve the results you are looking for.

I recommend you consult with multiple surgeons so you can listen to different opinions and, ultimately, find the right surgeon for you. Ask to see before and after photos. I also think pre-operative imaging of your nose is important so that you and your surgeon agree on a plan for your nose. Best wishes.

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon