Rhinoplasty for a dent in nose tip. (photos)

I have this dent in my nose which I hate and I wondered what could be done to solve it?

Rhinoplasty for a dent in nose tip.

In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bifid tip

Thanks for your question and photos. You have a bifid tip which means the cartilages are separated and the skin is thin over them. This can be repaired with a rhinoplasty. Non surgical rhinoplasty is not usually very effective. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bifid Nasal Tip Concerns

Your indentation appears to be a bifid nasal tip cleft formed by the cartilages that make up the columella of your nose. This is a common concerns and can be easily corrected with a strut cartilage graft and/or suture modification through an open rhinoplasty approach. Speak with a rhinoplasty specialist about your concerns. Fortunately, you do not have to live with this indention and I believe you would benefit from correction. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dent in the nose

It is difficult to be specific but there are a number of surgical and non-surgical options for a problem like this. I would suggest you make a consultation with a specialist rhinoplasty surgeon, who could explain in greater detail. It is a complicated subject that requires a face-to-face consultation to come up with a sensible plan. Good luck

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon