Rhinoplasty and chin/jaw implant (Photo)

Would I be a good candidate to have my nose significantly reduced in size (become shorter in length),a more refined tip instead of a flat bulbous tip, nostril reduction, dorsal hump shaved down and my nose straightened out to be more symetrical? Also would a chin or jaw implant be beneficial I feel like my frontal view on the lower part of my face is quite asymmetrical

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

Based on your one picture you would appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and chin/jawline augmentation. But one picture does not tell the whole story of your face and pictures from different angles to be assessed. Computer imaging of these pictures looking at the nose and jawline procedures would better answer your question about their potential benefits for you.

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are frequently performed together.  In order to give you accurate advice, more pictures would be helpful with a lateral profile view.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD