Rhinoplasty advice? Main concerns are bump removal, more curved shape, the tip more defined and the septum not as droopy (photo)

I've got a few consultations next week in Manchester with transform and mya, not sure with both of them now as i've read mixed reviews. I've also done a heap of research of other doctors in the area and i'm getting totally stressed on where to go, for the best result, I've attached some pictures i would hopefully like to be done, pending professional advice of course. 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty advice

I think the best advice I can give you is to trust your instincts. You need to feel that you are talking to an expert in rhinoplasty, with extensive experience and, most importantly, someone who listens closely to your concerns. It takes trust to feel comfortable enough to commit to a surgical procedure and this trust is only earned after a full consultation, examination and discussion of your options. If you do your homework, your anxiety about the procedure should be greatly reduced and you should be able to proceed with confidence. I have found the Vectra-XT 3-D imaging system has been very useful in assessing a patient's needs and illustrating the sort of change they can expect.

Rhinoplasty advice

Hump

Thanks for sharing the photos. You need hump reduction, Osteotomy to narrow the bones and tip rotation and elevation. When you are selecting a rhinoplasty surgeon , Ask them to show before and after pictures of their clients and see their reviews online and follow your intuition . Best of luck for the good results.

Hump

Rhinoplasty

HI,

Thanks for writing and sending in your pics. You are about to embark on a great adventure...enjoy it without the stress. You will likely visit three or four doctors. After you check out their post op pics and like them you will rank them in order based on reputation and your feeling about them. Then you will pick the one and relax and let it happen. I feel the pics you displayed showed a dorsum that is lowered too far. To me it looks a bit scooped or sloped. That may be what you are looking for and this should be discussed with your doctor because the post op reality may not be what is reflected in your photo... Good luck and try to relax

Dr Ben

Benjamin W. Cilento, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

HI,

Dr Ben

Benjamin W. Cilento, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty expectations

Danec94,

Thanks for your question and pictures, as they are very helpful in this discussion.  I think you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty with reasonable expectations based on your pictures that you provided.  A physical exam and detailed consultation would help with the discussion about trade-offs and to make sure that each view is able to be altered to your expectations.  Good luck!

Rhinoplasty expectations

Danec94,