Rhinoplasty: achieving shortening and definition of the tip? (Photos)

Hello, I would like to obtain considerable nasal shortening to avoid the current overprojection AND ridefinition of the tip from the front. I have been told the the tip shortening is usually accompanied by a less defined tip from the front! Is this true? Looking at my picture what would you suggest?

Rhinoplasty: achieving shortening and definition of the tip?

GreetingsThank you for your question, from your photo you look to be a good candidate for simple rhinoplasty technique in which bone tissue of nose is protected during surgery which gives patient a faster and more comfortable healing period.
Most patients do not require a major rhinoplasty. Dropping nose, basic nasal humps and nostril asymmetry can be corrected with simple rhinoplasty procedure.   In the simple rhinoplasty we don’t break the nasal bone or remove any cartilage tissue. We make some small touches to nasal tip and cartilage tissue as well as the nasal bone. After this operation you won’t have any bruises, edema or you will not be have to receive any intranasal buffers.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Not true

You can obtain nasal shortening and still look natural.  Don't get stuck on how it is done, instead look at the before/after photos (make sure they are showing you at least 3 views from each patient - front, quarter turn and profile) to see if you like the results; find noses that look similar to your's and see if you like how the after looks. You have an easy nose and the after photo that they are showing you does not look good in my opinion.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Redifining nasal tip

Thank you Zadra for your enquiry. Whilst I agree that you may have a certain degree of caudal overprojection of the nose, I am a little worried by the fact that you have put up a picture calling it your desired result. Rhinoplasty just does not work like that. There are just so many factors that come into play, affecting the final outcome.Your nose certainly can be deprojected, without affecting the tip definition. I often use the opportunity of deprojecting the nose to further refine the tip. Overall, I feel a good result can be achieved.

Kind regards