Can I get a result like this or similar with rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I don't like my nose because I find it too bulbous and wide for my face. Would it be possible to make my nose thinner and straighter, like in the example pictures? What procedures would I need for this?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty to refine your nasal tip. While it is helpful to understand your desired aesthetic, it is also important to meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss alterations that will best fit your other facial features. In my practice, I like to use 3-D volumetric photos in order to convey realistic outcomes for each individual patient. I recommend consulting with several board certified specialists to gain a better understanding of realistic surgical outcomes. 

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty would go some way towards making your nose more refined overall but understanding that you cannot have that person's nose exactly of course

Yes, your bulbous tip can be made smaller, but ...

Your surgeon needs to be very careful, because you have such a nice nose in its other areas.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a result like this or similar with rhinoplasty?

Greetings

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing a wide nose

A rhinoplasty would be able to address all the concerns that you have with your nose. Narrowing and straightening the nasal bones would require osteomies to break them and move them more medially. Additionally, nasal tip refinement to address the bulbous nasal tip will help to improve all aspects of the nose. Hope this helps.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon