Is this the best result I can realistically hope for given this is my 2nd rhinoplasty procedure? (Photo)

Can the bridge be straightened and the nostrils refined as well as the tip elevation/shape improved to compliment my face more? It doesn't look as delicate and feminine as I had hoped and the nostrils widen a lot when I smile. I am just very aware another procedure would be a third operation and I may not be able to get the results I am hoping for. Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated!

Probably only have surgery if you're looking for a large change. And you'll need a hyper-expert. See the morph I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_Ljharris2.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that could be possible for your nose in truly expert hands. I elevated the tip of the nose quite a bit, and I simulated a small narrowing of the bridge and lowering of the bump on the bridge.

After two previous operations, it's typically not possible to make subtle changes to the nose, fine refinements, etc. One of the most predictable changes to make in a revision, however, is to elevate the tip. If you are looking for a large elevation, as I demonstrated in the morph, you could be a good candidate, and other areas of the nose, such as the width/straightness of the bridge, could be addressed at the same time.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle, especially in a third-time revision.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on whether to allow your primary surgeon to perform your revisions.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD