Do I need a lift? I am concerned that I will be restricted with the size. Was a 34dd. Now 34c. 5ft5. 9st. 2 births (Photo)

Hello, I am booked in for an uplift and implants in Wroclaw next month. My question is would I need an uplift? My desire is to have larger breasts that look natural, so I'm steering towards high profile tear drops under the muscle. I was hoping for a 450cc to 475. With an uplift, the surgeon will only implant 220cc max. I know each case will be different. However, if I do need an uplift I am fearful of going smaller than my current size. That would defeat the purpose of an iimplant for me.

Agree with other Surgeons

I agree with the other Surgeons that a breast lift and implant might be the best option for you.  An implant without a lift may make you feel slightly top heavy and droopy.

A good option might be a 3-D simulation which is something we offer for free in our Clinics.  This will show you how you would look with and without a lift and with different size implants.

Good luck if you do decide to go ahead with surgery.

Do I need a lift? I am concerned that I will be restricted with the size. Was a 34dd. Now 34c. 5ft5. 9st. 2 births

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Do I need a lift?

Thank you for your question.  I think that implants with a lift might be the best option.  You'll have larger breasts that are also perkier.  Consider trying on different sizers to get a better idea about the size implants that you want.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo a combination breast lift with an implant under the muscle is most likely her best option.  To understand the risks if you do not have a left but placed the implant of the muscle please read the following link:

Small implant with breast uplift

Hi there. Thank you for the post. From the photos, it looks as if you will benefit from a lift and implant to improve the overall breast shape and avoid a double-bubble situation. It is difficult to advise on the size of implants from the photo alone. It sounds as if your surgeon is taking a cautious approach to implant size with simultaneous lift, which is sensible. Good luck!

Do I need a breast lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures.   Base on the photographs, I think that breast lifting is indicated; I do not think that you will do well with breast augmentation surgery only.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.
Also, patients undergoing the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that there are limits as to how large of an outcome can be achieved, given that breast lifting surgery does involve breast skin removal. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example,
I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.