When will I see a reduction in swelling and Juvederm Ultra 3 in my nose?

It has nearly been 5 months since 0.3ml of juvederm ultra 3 was injected into my nose. I've had prolonged swelling on the tip and right side of my nose and was advised to wait it out. It has been ages and still no change many docs say 6 months surely at this point of nearly 5 months i should see a reduction. The tip and right side of my nose is double in thickness...i feel like this will never disappear. Can you give me an indication?

Juvederm Ultra injection

You should consult with you doctor that has done the procedure or another experienced doctor regarding the situation. If you are not happy with the results after 5 months, definitely consult.

Montreal Dermatologist

Post Injection Swelling

It normally takes two weeks to see reduction in swelling post injections. Voluma or Volbella would be a better alternative because they don't cause as much swelling. 

Nasal injections last quite a while

The duration of HA fillers in the nose is prolonged. It is related to the muscle movement in the area as to how long it will last. I would use hyaluronidase and remove it. Why wait and see?  See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Filler with unresolved swelling after 5 months

Thanks for your question. The nose can definitely be tricky.  If you have seen zero improvement over 5 months and nothing else was done to your nose except filler, you can dissolve a bit with dilute Hyaluronidase.  I would look at your before-pictures, immediate post and current post- procedure photos to objectively confirm this is the case before doing more to your nose. With time, it is had to tell what changes are truly occurring. Quite often, people feel that they haven't changed, but after seeing their pictures, they do notice a difference. Hope this helps. 

Michelle Eagan, MD
San Francisco Physician