Can anyone recommend a good supportive bra for when I no longer need to wear a sports bra?

Hi, I'm 2 weeks post-op and had 415cc HP implants... I'm still wearing my sports bras but wonder what bras to try when I don't have to wear these. I hope to still wear my sports bras for work/sleeping etc but would like a nice supportive bra. If anyone is aware of any brands that will give support please let me know - I'd hate for them to sag. Also - underwire or no underwire? Also (as I'm 22 and have no children), will I be okay if I end up getting pregnant or are these implants gonna go South?

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Bra

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  I recommend the use of a properly fitted support bra for at least 6 weeks following surgery. This will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling.   Marena makes excellent bras. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Bra

Thanks for your question. Mark and Spencer make a range of post-surgery bras which many of my patients have bought and been very happy with. These are not underwired, and I wouldn't suggest wearing an underwired bra until 6 weeks after your operation. Regarding pregnancy the implants themselves won't go south, but there will be changes to you breast tissue over the top. Regarding your breast changes it largely depends on how much bigger your breasts become, and how elastic your skin is for your breasts to shrink back afterwards.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon