Would recell + microneedling fix a lip scar?

I have a lip scar on the red part of my lower lip from a burn injury 4 years ago I've been advised to try a combination of recell + microneedling as the melanocytes and keratinocytes should take on the lips to improve the colour and quality of skin However its quite an expensive treatment and I'm told it's somewhat experimental given the lack of data on effectiveness of recell for lip scars I'd like a second opinion before taking the risk. Thanks

Yes, Recell can work

Yes, I have done quite a few of these procedures, especially for loss of pigmentation due to acne (white spots), I have used both fully ablative lasers, fractional lasers and micro needles to create a bed for the ReCell. Of that the methods, fully ablative erbium laser gives the best bed. Recall is a lengthy process - often extending to 6 months because you need narrow band phototherapy after to stimulate the pigment cells. You are indeed correct, there are no studies, just case reports (the burns one was on the chest, my colleague, Dr Greg Goodman did that one). To date, ReCell is not 100% effective. If you can see if your local NHS has a provision for this. When I was in the UK, if our dept. had funds, we could fund things on a case by case basis. All the bestDr Davin LimLaser dermatologistBrisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Micro-needling to improve lip pigmentation scar

I have not heard of micro-needling to be used to improve the pigment of a scar in the red lip. While the treatment you are referring to may be effective, I'm not familiar with this combination.I hope this helps

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

Lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers help scars on the face. I suggest you see an expert to determine what is best and if surgical revision is needed or if non invasive options will help.  Best, Dr. Emer.