Do I have receding gums?

I am still young and I am afraid I have receding gums, if I do how severe is it?

Receding Gums

Thank you for your question regarding receding gums. It is easy to identify if you have gum recession. Your tooth has two parts - the crown and the roots. The crown has a pearly white exterior, and the root has more of a yellowish tone to it. If you're seeing a transition from the pearly white to a yellowish tone, then you may have gum recession with the exception of plaque and tartar. I would recommend that you visit a periodontist and have a dental cleaning performed so that you can accurately see what is present and identify gum recession.