Propecia; research shows that they have real damaging effects on a person taking them daily for ten years or so?

I've bought propecia and sourced advice from a trickologist who advised that I take half a tablet for 8 weeks, if no symptoms then take the full tablet . Really want to start them as I'm at early stages of mpb and 29. My concern stems from the fact they are not widely discussed (not in the UK anyway ), there are some horror stories on the Internet and who is to say 20 years down the line more research shows that they have real damaging effects on a person taking them daily for ten years or so ???

Horror stories on the Internet is different than scientific research studies. If you are concerned ask your doctor

Horror stories on the Internet is different than scientific research studies.  If you are concerned ask your doctor about side effects or long term use.  Even worse is taking medical advice from non-physicians on how to take a medication.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Propecia and the internet

The internet is what it is and it is a place for people to present and complain and exaggerate. There is no way to determine reality. A real MD who specializes in this field will give you the proper advice. One half pill every 8 weeks, is as good as flushing it into the toilet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon