Can I have all my procedures done at once ?

I want to get a tummy tuck with Vader Lipo and a breast lift with implants but if like to know can they all be done at once and is there more of a risk with this kind of surgery. Also how long will down time be as I have an infant and will need help to look after her after my surgery.

Healing and Activity Following a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain.
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Mommy Makeover - Procedures and Recovery?

Thank you for your question. A mommy makeover typically involves a tummy tuck and a breast lift +/- implants. All of these procedures can be performed at the same time. Recovery involves minimal activity for the first 2 weeks, and a return to normal activity by 4 - 6 weeks. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs body contouring procedures. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question. It's actually a common thing to combine these procedures. This is called a Mommy Makeover. However, this really depends on each individual's health. Also down time is different in each patient but generally it will usually take 4-6 weeks to regain full, normal energy and 6-8 weeks to actively exercise. It would always be best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

Yes, all of these procedures can be done at once. It's called a Mommy Makeover. It will be at least 2 weeks post op with no lifting and then at least 6-8 weeks before you can return to any kind of regular exercise. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

My recommendation is that you find an ASPS board certified surgeon in your area and set up an in person consult.

Performing multiple procedures at once can lead to wonderful results but will take a toll on your body. Performing multiple procedures will help unify the recovery time associated with the disparate procedures.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Combined procedures

It's actually a common thing to combine these procedures. As long as you're a healthy patient who finds a surgeon that is good on each thing and feels comfortable with performing the operation and it won't require you to be under anesthesia for too long you should be fine. 

Yily De Los Santos, MD

If you want...

Hi Nicssbou

Combined cosmetic procedures can be performed together safely provided your surgeon is familiar with this kind of surgery. I routinely perform breast uplift and implants together but this does necessarily suit every patient as some would prefer just an uplift and some may get away with breast implant alone. This is determined at time of consult with your surgeon with regards to the shape, size and the appearance of what you would like.

The down time will very much depend on your lifestyle however the wounds and discomfort take approx 2 weeks to heal and the swelling can take 3- 6 months to reduce and give you the desired outcome you are looking for. Normal daily activities such as driving and exercise is usually about 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Make sure you see a qualified surgeon and do your research. All the best.

Combining procedures

Yes, cosmetic surgery procedures can be combined together as long as you are cleared by your internist and the procedures are done safely most likely in a hospital setting.

Same time

Hi, yes having liposuction done at the same time is reasonable and safe provided you are not having large areas treated and are in good health. 
Often tummy tucks are performed with liposuction anyway so adding a breast lift procedure should not present any problems for you or your surgeon.
The downtime will be mostly from the tummy tuck and you should have help for at least 3 weeks. I recommend that my patients wait 6 weeks from surgery before recommencing going to the gym to do weights etc.
Walking  is encouraged from day 1, any other strenuous exercise is avoided until the breasts and muscle strengthening repair performed during the tummy tuck have healed.

Best of luck

Peter Laniewski, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

Thanks for yuor inquiry. It really depends on your health, how long you have to recover, and how you will be monitord during your recovery.  Please get a couple of consults to review your options.