Post-op (otoplasty) does my ear look normal, will swelling go down? (photos)

I am 13 days after my otoplasty to pin back one of my ears, I am not sure whether my ear looks normal and whether the swelling will go down so that my ear will look like the other one. My stitches still haven't been removed. Also approximately how long till my ear looks fairly symmetrical shape wise?

Technique dependant

So there are many techniques to reshape an ear. Some of them remain entirely behind the ear, some involve more dissection in front of the ear to directly shape the cartilage. The shape of your ear at two weeks will depend on which technique was used. Certainly wait until your next appointment as I dont think there is anything urgent or worrying if the ear is not hot, red or painful but share your concerns at your follow up. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Post-op (otoplasty) does my ear look normal, will swelling go down?

To be able to answer your question, please advise whether you were operated on with a traditional method, whereby the ears are cut open and the cartilage is worked on, or whether it was with the minimally invasive Merck stitch method.  

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon