Does the positioning of a rhinoplasty splint affect the final result?

I had closed rhinoplasty last week, and noticed that my splint was ever so slightly crooked. The splint was taken off on Thursday and my nose looks a little uneven. I am starting to worry that the position of the splint may have encouraged my nasal bridge to set slightly crooked, and that the tip is also uneven. Could any doctors advise if it is possible that the splint will prevent my final nose from being symmetrical, and what can be done if this is the case? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Crooked Splint

Yes, the position of the splint can influence the final result. That being said, your "ever so slight" crooked splint is less likely however. At the time of splint removal, it is not uncommon to have swelling and asymmetries that will improve over time. Follow up with your surgeon.