PRP; can anyone tell me if this works on Afro hair please?

I am of african decent and i have lost the hair on my temple. I have started researching in platelet rich plasma treatments (PRP), can anyone tell me if this works on Afro hair please?

PRP with African American Hair

PRP treatments are effective with African American hair. Although, depending on your hair loss stage, your health history and your candidacy its hard to say if it will be right for you. I would recommend going to a hair loss expert.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and African American Hair

Thanks for your question.PRP can be beneficial for patients of African descent.It all depends on the extent of the hair loss in the area.My recommendation is that you seek a consultation from a qualified provider in your area.They will be able to tell you whether or not you would be a good candidate for the procedure.Best of luck.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

African American Hair and PRP

Thanks for your inquiry.Yes, PRP could potentially work on African American hair but it depends on the extent of your hair loss.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Temple hair loss; African heritage. PRP? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, you should be evaluated by hair loss expert. They will do a good history, mangnified examination, possibly blood work and biopsy. It is possible that hair loss in the temples is due to traction alopecia. We see this commonly in African patients scalp that has been braided or pulled tight. We have had good results with using PRP for this indication. Please see my photos in the photo section of realself. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon