Can you perform my Ethnic Rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Hello, I am looking for a Uk based surgeon with lots of experience in ethnic noses to perform my rhinoplasty. I would like a subtle change which will give me more definition in the tip of my nose. I am looking for a nose more like Rihanna.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip definition

Dear Havana,

I think you are an excellent candidate for this procedure and that a rhinoplasty will improve very much the way you look.

The tip needs a better orientation and reduction of the colummella show. The "supra-tip" area needs instead to be reduced to improve tip definition.

At consultation you should also decide what length of nose you wish to go for. Rihanna for example has quite a short one.

I would recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon that can show you pleanty of before and after photos.

I hope you will find this useful and I wish you good luck with your surgery,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon