Anyone had a patient recover from nerve damage? (photo)

I have debilitating nerve damage in the left side of my face from .5cc Juvederm Voluma dermal filler 13 months ago. The experienced surgeon used a cannula and struggled to get the product in. There has been a slight improvement in pain but I'm not sure if this means I'm healing or if it's the medication (500mg daily Pregabalin)

Needs time

Sorry to hear about your unusual problem.
The infraorbital nerve is somewhat large and an injury would cause sensory changes in the upper lip area.
Not sure of the mechanism for autonomic changes.
I presume it is only on one side?
Nerves can recover, so hoping time will help this.

Nerve Damage After Juvederm

Have never heard or seen this occur, though it's always a possibility. Improvement in pain is a good sign! As Juvederm Voluma can last up to 2 years, you may want to consider having whatever Voluma remains dissolved with hyaluronidase to see if that will help relieve any possible nerve impingement. Best of luck to you. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician