Orbital rim and malar region? (Photo)

Would an implant such as the one in the photo be suitable for a guy looking to rectify both an orbital rim and malar bone deficiency? or would it cover too much area and give an apple looking cheek that looks too feminine? Thank you.

Orbital Rim-Cheek Implant

Such a facial implant would be way too big for almost any type of orbitofacial deficiency. It is not only too big but is not properly shaped for what you are trying to achieve.

Cheek Implants for Male Patient

I need to see pictures of your face to make suggestions for you to consider. There are many choices of implant size and shape which are individualized to meet the needs of each patient.

Type of cheek implants for a male?

it is impossible to give a proper answer to your question without seeing photographs. The proper way to take this is described on my website as well as the website of others. 

Combined orbital rim and malar/cheek implant

The implant shown should be helpful in achieving both as you mentioned. Other options include fat and filler injection.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Orbital rim and malar region?

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  I have performed many cheek augmentations, over the past 30 years, using dermal fillers or cheek implants and I don't recognize the shape of that cheek implant. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look best with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  This requires that the cheek augmentation be performed using a chin implant with the proper shape and implant placement.  Unless you have a specific cheek bone defect, this isn't the shape that I would consider using.Hope this helps.