Is it possible to have nose fillers after rhino tip surgery?

I have had 2 medical septorhinoplasty surgeries and one cosmetic purely on tip. The cosmetic tip one was in November 2015. I am still swollen and tip isn't as lifted as I hoped. Is fillers an option or is it too soon? Thanks

Tissue fillers after rhinoplasty

Yes tissue fillers can be used after rhinoplasty. It makes sense to wait until enough swelling has receded that your surgeon can reliably and accurately predict the amount needed. One of the great advantages of tissue fillers is how incredibly accurate they are!

Fillers For Rhinoplasty Revision

Fillers are able to be used to correct small tip or nasal irregularities after rhinoplasty surgery, but you should be advised to go to an true expert when it comes to this.  Your nasal skin is compromised after 2 previous surgeries and the this can lead to significant problems if fillers are not done correctly.  It is not too early to inject fillers, but be aware that fillers attract water and this may increase nasal swelling for a while, until they settle down.  Seek out a board certified specialist in order to get evaluated for treatment.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can fillers be used in the nose after rhinoplasty surgery?

Many thanks for posting your questionFillers can be a really useful adjunct to surgical rhinoplasty, when used in the right situation and in experienced hands.My suggestion would be to consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon about this, as having had 3 operations already, you will have a fair amount of scar tissue present in the nose and this might have an impact on the use of fillers in certain areasGood luck

Fillers after rhinoplasty

Fillers are an option to raise the tip and usually can be placed 9 months - 1 year following surgery, as the nose is still changing.  Although fillers can be a good option, they are obviously temporary and a revision rhinoplasty may be the better permanent solution.

Rhinoplasty and fillers in the tip

After 3 surgeries the skin on your nose is challenged. Your risk is higher as the blood supply in your nose can potentially be compromised by a filler injected into the tip of your nose. 
Fillers act by attracting water, which is technically adding more swelling to your tip. I would hold off on any intervention at this point. I would have your surgeon reevaluate your nose at 1 year. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal fillers

You certainly can use fillers, but I would suggest using something that is not long term such as restylane silk (or the european equivalent restylane fine lines), that way as swelling goes down you are not playing catch up with different parts of your nose.   The other option is having your PS inject the swollen area with a steroid to speed how quickly you get your definition back.  Honestly though, have a conversation with your PS about it. They will be able to guide you through the process as they know exactly what was done during the procedure.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon