My nose appears crooked in pictures, I'm struggling with breathing through my nose a lot. Is it crooked? (Photo)

My nose does not appear crooked in the mirror but does in photos. I do recall been hit with a football in the face months ago, but don't know if I'm worrying over nothing. I also noticed what appears to be more cartilage sticking out more in one nostril compared to the other. some photos are reversed, it is my left nostril which is worse and where the nose seems to be leaning towards.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from spreader grafts to help straighten your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon